Queensland has long been Australia’s favourite holiday state. This gorgeous, giant stretch enjoys a beautiful tropical climate with stunning beaches, lush hinterlands and vibrant rainforests.
Whether you’re vibing around the super fresh city of Brisbane, working your tan on sun soaked Gold Coast beaches or heading out to the surreal Great Barrier Reef from fun-filled Cairns, there is alway something new and exciting to do in the wonderful state of Queensland.
So, pack your bathers and sunnies, grab the best car hire Brisbane has to offer and cruise around these amazing parts of the state.
Brisbane is a cosmopolitan town with plenty to offer in awesome weather conditions. What makes Brisbane so fantastic is that whilst being a big city it has plenty of incredible nature to offer right outside of the city itself.
When in Brisbane, be sure to check out these amazing spots:
- Eat Street Northshore: Eat Street Northshore is a massive open air market situated in a former container wharf featuring delicious feeds from every corner of the globe. You will be absolutely spoiled for choice as you meander stalls selling everything from South American BBQ to dumplings, pizza and French. There are also a heap of awesome arts and crafts stalls to grab some goodies for a birthday present or a souvenir from your time in Brissy.
- Moreton Island: Moreton Island has to be Australia’s ultimate adventure island, with plenty of adrenaline-pumping and nature-focused fun to be had on your visit there. Perhaps you might want to start the day with a bit of sand tobogganing before chucking on your gear and getting under the water to snorkel the Moreton Island Wrecks. End the day by feeding the wild dolphins at sunset and it’s fair to say you’ve had a pretty awesome time on the fabulous Moreton Island!
Well, what can you say about Cairns that isn’t already etched into Australian travel lore? Cairns is possibly Australia’s favourite tourist town, with the likes of the amazing Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Atherton Tablelands all within driving distance of this joyous tropical city.
Don’t miss the following, absolutely unforgettable highlights when you visit sunny Cairns:
- Great Barrier Reef: The Great Barrier Reef is one of the absolute stars of Australian travel, a giant stretch of coastline housing thousands of unique fish, sea species and coral. But the best place to launch off and dive or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef has to be Cairns. Why? Because there are so many boats heading out daily to some of the most amazing individual reefs in the whole grand scheme of things.
- The Daintree Rainforest: The Daintree Rainforest is old, 180 million years old. It’s so old, in fact, that it’s a cheeky 10 million years older than the mighty Amazon itself! This should give you a little idea of the amazing goings on in this lush and vibrant part of Queensland. Not only this, but there are plenty of amazing activities to enjoy in the Daintree, from croc-spotting cruises to Indigenous heritage walks, trips along the sublime Cape Tribulation and zipline adventures.
- Atherton Tablelands: Whilst not as famous as the Great Barrier Reef or Daintree, the Atherton Tablelands have plenty to offer sheerly through their beauty. The region is dotted with picturesque waterfalls and is a truly charming spot to come and relax after your epic travel adventures at the the other two wondrous spots located just outside the magical city of Cairns.